Saturday 15 January 2011

Fashion Canvases


I created these canvases in Y11. I chose the theme of Fashion and Textiles to experiment with different textures and materials instead of just painting. To start of this series I took photographs of a model in a ball gown style dress. I then used carbon paper to transfer my preffered photos onto the cloth covered canvas. I used a number of different techniques and objects such as sewing, coloured sands, buttons and nettings to create an exciting and unique final series. The outsides of the canvases are watercoloured painted to create a border to the internal image, this also set the colour coordinated outcome. I used hot glue to fix the blue silk material to the base of the transferred models image which gave a smooth and eye catching alternative to the dress she was wearing in the initial images. I used netting to create the middle canvases dress by sewing around the transferred image with green thread. I used red sand and multicoloured thread to create the final image.(red) To finish of my project I researched different words used varsely in the fashion and design world and wrote these words around the focal point.

No comments:

Post a Comment