Saturday 15 January 2011

Prototype

This year for my final product design project I am designing and manufacturing a storage unit incorporated into a stool design. I have made a 1/4 scale model out of expanded polyureathane as it is easy to work with and lightweight. The model consists of layers of polyureathane acting as MDf which will be used in final manufacture. The seat will be made from 25mm mdf with foam under the leather in order to make the stool as comfortable as possible. The well is 75mm deep and will hold all sorts of cosmetics and jewellary. The draw is 50mm deep and will also act as storage for bits and bobs. I have painted the base of this structure silver as I would like to have a silver base structure in the final product.I have not yet decided on a definate base but it will have a reinforcement sheet at the base of the storage structure in order to make the structure durable and safe.


No comments:

Post a Comment